The following is a recipe for Lammas Ginger Ale, a refreshing and tasty drink suitable for hot evenings of this time of the year.
Because this drink is non-alcoholic, it can be enjoyed by children and adults alike. As is the case for all food and drink shared at ritual, it is important to leave a small offering to the Divine presence who you have honoured with your work.
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 12 cm (4 inch) long piece of ginger, peeled & chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons vanilla essence
- 3 teaspoon lemon flavoring (non-alcoholic)
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia powder (or to taste)
- Soda water to mix.
- Boil down the ginger in water for 10 minutes.
- Strain out the ginger pieces and pour ginger juice into jar.
- Add vanilla and lemon flavorings and stevia.
- Let cool and store in refrigerator as a syrup concentrate.
- Add 1/8 – 1/4 cup of syrup to 6-8 oz of sparkling water and serve.